Ako Castle

Ako Castle (赤穂城)

Information : A first castle was built here in 1466-1483 by Mitsuhiro Oka. Asano clan entered this castle in 1645 . After Nagayori Asano succeeded to a load of this castle, the first event of Chushingura happened in 1701. Turrets and gates have been restored.

Built in : 1466-1483

The main lord of a castle : Nagamasa Ikeda

In Use : Until 1873

Link : A photo of Ako Castle on Wikipedia

 
Address

Kamikariya, Ako city, Hyogo

Access

7 min from Banshuako station (JR Ako line)

Map / Print

 

Related Spot


Comments are closed.

facebook fan page