Wakayama Castle

Wakayama Castle (和歌山城)

Information : It’s also called Takegaki castle or Torafusu castle had three stories. Vassal residences was burned in 1655 and the main castle tower was burned down by a thunderbolt , restored in1957.

Built in : 1585

The main lord of a castle : Hidenaga Toyotomi

Designed by : Takatora Todo

In Use : Until 1871

Link : A photo of Wakayama Castle on Wikipedia


Ichibancho, Wakayama city, Wakayama


10 min walk from Wakayamashi station on Nankai main line

Map / Print


Related Spot

Comments are closed.