Zuigan-ji Temple

Zuigan-ji Temple | 瑞巌寺

Zuigan-ji temple Sando2

Information:

Zuigan-ji was erected in 828 by Jikaku Daishi* (Ennin), the priest of Tendai sect. During Edo period ( 1603-1867),? Masamune Date protected here and rebuilt the main temple by using lumbers cut and brought from Kumano (Wakayama). Now the main temple has been repaired until 2018 and people cannot visit most of parts but can see Daishoin or Kuri (National Treasure).

*Jikaku Daishi (794 – 864): the priest of Tendai sect | He erected all of four most valuable temples in Tohoku regions.

Four temples are

  • Risshaku-ji temple (A.D 860) Yamgata pref
  • Zuigan-ji temple ( A.D. 828 ) Miyagi pref
  • Motsu-ji temple( A.D 850) and Chuson-ji temple(A.D 850)? Iwate Pref

Hours :

Jan and Dec | 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Feb and Nov | 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Mar and Oct | 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Apr to Sep | 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

*Entry is permitted until 30 min before closing.

Admission : 700 yen / Adult

Address : 91 Matsushima, Matsushima town, Miyagi gun, Miyagi

Access : 5 min walk from JR Matsushima-kaigan Sta.

Soumon (The gate ) of Zuigan-ji

The gate of Zuigan-ji Temple Zuigan-ji Sando

 

Map / Print

 

Related Spot


Comments are closed.

facebook fan page