Edo Castle

Edo Castle (江戸城)

Information: Edo castle also called Chiyoda castle, was built in 1457 by Dokan Ohta, now has been used as the Imperial palace . After Ieyasu Tokugawa started the Edo Shogunate, the castle became 15 generation of Tokugawa generalissimo shoguns’ castle until 1868. By the great Kanto earthquake, many sites were broken and remains were demolished by firebombing during World war second. Now some parts of ruins can be seen as East Gyoen.

Link : A photo of Edo Castle on Wikipedia


 
Address

Chiyoda, Chiyoda ward, Tokyo

Access

5 min walk from Otemachi station

Map / Print

 

Related Spot


Comments are closed.

facebook fan page