Obi Castle

Obi Castle (飫肥城)

Information : Also called Maizuru castle(舞鶴城), Obi castle was built by Tadatsugu Niiro in 1458. During Sengoku period, to get this castle, there were many battles between Shimazu clan and Itoh clan for 103 years. The castle was demolished by the law after the Meiji restoration. In 1978, but only the main gate (otemon) was restored.

Built in : 1458

The main lord of a castle : Niiro clan/ Itoh clan

In Use : Until 1871

Hours : 9:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.

Fee : 600 yen

 
Address

Nichinan city, Miyazaki

Access

20 min walk from JR Obi station

Map / Print

 

Related Spot


Comments are closed.

facebook fan page